Before Your Virtue Appointment:
- Discontinue all products containing Retinol for 5-7 days, and limit sun exposure for 2-4 weeks prior to procedure. In addition, please refrain from applying self-tanner for at least 1 week prior.
- Please arrive to your appointment with clean skin.
You May Experience The Following Post-Treatment:
- Minimal Pinpoint Bleeding
- Mild redness
- Minimal swelling
- Mild discomfort
- Tingling sensation from anesthetic cream
- Warmth and heat from RF energy
- Sensation of a sunburn
To Ensure The Best Results After Your Procedure
- Avoid makeup and sunscreen for a minimum of 24 hours post-procedure. Mineral makeup and sunscreen are recommended. Use clean makeup brushes.
- Use a mild, soothing cleanser when washing your face.
- Avoid applying ‘Active’ ingredients to skin for 3 days- this includes Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Alpha-Hydroxy Acid (AHA), Beta-Hydroxy Acid (BHA), Retinol, Vitamin C, and Alcohol-based toners.
- Avoid direct sunlight to treated area for 48 hours after your treatment. Wear a hat and sunscreen.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, and steam rooms for 5 days after your procedure.
- Use clean, disposable, breathable face masks for the first 24 hours after treatment.
- We cannot stress enough how important it is to protect your investment and to continue to improve your skin. At a minimum, the following products are recommended to start using one week post-treatment: A Medical-grade topical antioxidant with growth factor: we love SkinMedica TNSA+ or Neocutis Bio Serum, no less than 30 SPF+ sunscreen, and .5 or greater retinol in your daily skin care routine. You can take advantage of a 10% discount on all products on the day of treatment.
- Your next virtue treatment can be scheduled 4-6 weeks apart. If you did not make your next appointment, please call our office today to do so.
Please call or e-mail our office with any questions or concerns: