- To minimize potential bruising and downtime from injections, please avoid the following medications for a minimum of one week prior to treatment: Ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin), Aleve (Naproxen), Aspirin, Multivitamin, Vitamin E, Fish Oil, and Turmeric. Please avoid alcohol 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Avoid dental procedures and vaccinations 2 weeks before AND 2 weeks after your dermal filler treatment. Having such procedures will delay us from treating you with dermal filler as scheduled.
- Please schedule your appointment 1-2 weeks prior to any major events (i.e. wedding, work events, etc.) to allow adequate time for healing.
- Help us set you up for success. Please reschedule your filler appointment if you have had an active viral or bacterial infection until you have been symptom-free for at least 1 week.
- Avoid make-up and skincare products for 24 hours following treatment.
- The most common side effects that can occur immediately after treatment are redness, swelling, lumps, tenderness, and bruising. These symptoms should resolve within a few days, but may last up to two weeks.
- Please avoid touching, itching, massaging, or picking treated areas.
- Pain is not common. If you experience mild discomfort, Tylenol can be used. Please avoid Ibuprofen, Aleve, Aspirin, Multivitamins & Fish Oil for 24 hours after your treatment.
- You may use ice for 5 minutes at a time to minimize swelling and discomfort.
- If you develop bruising, we recommend taking oral Arnica Montana tablets to help resolve symptoms quicker.
- Please avoid dental procedures, facials, laser treatments, and/or massages to the face for two weeks after.
- Please contact the office immediately if you develop new onset of pain, swelling, warmth (to the touch), skin discoloration to the area treated or any area of the face (purple blotches in an area that was not injected, or blanching, i.e. white or bluish appearance), or any other concerns.
- Please avoid alcohol and strenuous exercises for 24 hours after treatment as it may increase or cause new bruising to develop.
- Please allow two full weeks to evaluate the result of your treatment.
- We strongly recommend enhancing your treatment with clinical-grade skincare products for optimal results.
- If this is your first time having a filler treatment with us, we may request to see you for a follow-up evaluation approximately 2 weeks after your visit. If you did not schedule this at check-out, please call us to make that appointment.
Please contact our office with any questions at (603) 580-5296.