To minimize your recovery time & optimize your results, it is important to follow all post-procedure instructions as outlined below:
- Visible bumps and/or redness may be seen at the injection sites. This is normal and may last up to a few hours after treatment.
- Bruising may occur. This happens in a small percentage of treatments but will not affect your treatment results. There also may be some discomfort associated with it. Bruising should resolve within a week. The use of Arnica Montana (available at health food stores and some local pharmacies) may help with bruising. It is available both topically (as gel or cream) and orally.
- The treatment will start to work in 2-7 days, and peak in about 2 weeks. Please note, if additional products are needed, it will not be injected until 14 days after your initial injection.
- Do not lie down for 4 hours post-injection.
- Do not massage the area that was treated.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours following your treatment.
- Do not get a massage for a week after the treatment. Placing your face in the cradle when getting a massage can move the Botox beyond the intended muscle group and cause adverse outcomes.
- If the forehead was treated, do not wear a hat or headband that could compress the area for 48 hours post-treatment.
- You may cleanse your face normally this evening, but please do not rub vigorously or massage the injected area. Do not use massaging cleansing devices or any abrasive exfoliants/scrubs for 48 hours.
- Cosmetics, moisturizers, lotions, may be used the next day, but do not apply extreme pressure or do anything that may cause discomfort.
- Headaches may be a possible side effect. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) may be used as needed. Flu-like symptoms are extremely rare, but may last 2-3 days. Fluids, rest, and Tylenol may be used.
- Please contact the office directly if you experience any symptoms or problems other than those listed above or have any questions/concerns regarding your treatment.
*New patients are required to return in 2 weeks for a follow-up appointment to evaluate results. Any necessary adjustments to treatment will be done at that time.
*Established patients should contact us with any questions or concerns regarding results within 2 weeks of initial treatment (if a follow-up appointment has not already been made).
* The results of this treatment vary but can last up to 3-4 months or longer. We recommend maintenance treatments every 3-4 months to maintain optimal results.