- Please avoid using retinol, or any other types of topical products that cause dryness or irritation to the area being treated for one week.
- Avoid the use of blood-thinning medications such as Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), Naproxen (Aleve), and Aspiring for one week prior to treatment. Other supplements such as Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Vitamin E, and Turmeric can also increase the risk of bruising. Alcohol consumption should be avoided for 48 hours before your procedure.
- Please keep in mind that the swelling from Kybella can last for 5-7 days, but sometimes longer. Please be sure to keep this in mind when booking your appointment prior to any major events, parties, vacations, etc.
- After your treatment, you will experience swelling, warmth, redness, and a burning sensation that waxes and wanes for several hours after treatment.
- Please do not massage or rub the area that was treated.
- Ice can be used for 5 minutes off, 5 minutes on for the first 24 hours after treatment for discomfort, swelling, and bruising.
- Arnica Montana topical gel can be gently applied to the area several times a day to help with discomfort, bruising, and swelling. If discomfort still persists, over-the-counter Acetaminophen (Tylenol) can be used as directed.
- Please do not schedule any type of aesthetic procedures to the area that was treated for a minimum of 2 weeks.