Congratulations on completing your CoolPeel treatment! CO2 lasers are used to treat wrinkles, age spots, acne scars, and other blemishes as well as tighten skin and balanced tone. Damaged skin tissue is removed, or ablated, stimulating new collagen production, and heat energy is delivered to tighten the skin.
Your CoolPeel treatment will deliver a fractional ablative treatment with minimal social downtime. You should expect to have red skin as if you have had a sunburn for a couple of days. Your skin may feel dry and scaly as it heals so it is important to keep it hydrated. Proper pre and post-care is an important part of the treatment and will help to ensure the best possible results.
Before Your CoolPeel Appointment
- Avoid sun exposure for 4-6 weeks before and do not apply self-tanner for at least one week prior to treatment.
- Discontinue all products containing Retinol, Glycolic, Alpha/Beta Hydroxy Acids, and exfoliants for one week prior to treatment.
- Patients should be off Accutane for a minimum of 6 months prior to treatment.
- Please arrive at your appointment with clean skin.
- If prescribed, start anti-viral medication 1 day before treatment and continue as directed.
- Men should have a cleanly shaven face the night before or the morning of the procedure - without visible stubble.
After Your CoolPeel Appointment:
- A sunburn sensation may linger for 12-24 hours after the procedure is completed.
- Keep a very thin layer of Aquaphor on as needed for up to 3 days post-procedure. Do not let the skin dry out.
- Avoid makeup and sunscreen for a minimum of 48 hours post-procedure. After this time, mineral makeup and sunscreen are recommended.
- Sleep with a clean pillowcase and head slightly elevated. Mild swelling may occur upon awakening for the first 48 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid applying ‘active’ ingredients to the skin for 1 week- this includes Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Alpha-Hydroxy Acid (AHA), Beta-Hydroxy Acid (BHA), Retinol, Vitamin C, and Alcohol-based toners.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 48 hours after your treatment & wear 50 SPF sunscreen thereafter to protect the skin.
- You may resume retinol products 7 days after your procedure.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, and steam rooms for 1-week post-procedure.
- Use clean, disposable, breathable face masks for 72 hours after treatment.
- To reduce the risk of infection: new onset of redness, warmth, or swelling; whitish to yellowish film on the treated area, with or without foul odor; fever greater than 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit.
We cannot stress enough how important it is to protect your investment and to continue to improve your skin. At a minimum, the following medical-grade products are recommended to start using 7-10 days post-treatment: an antioxidant with growth factor: we love SkinMedica TNS A+ or Neocutis Bio Serum, no less than 30 SPF+ sunscreens, and .5 or greater retinol in your daily skincare routine. You can take advantage of a 10% discount on all products on the day of treatment.
Please call or e-mail our office with any questions or concerns:
(603) 580-5296 email@example.com